The Most Important Gift

With Christmas coming soon, many people have begun thinking about gifts — what to buy for family and friends–and what gifts you might be hoping to receive. Some people may even wonder, “Is it better to give a gift or receive a gift?”

The greatest and most important gift anyone could receive is the gift God gave the world when He sent His Son, Jesus, into the world. Romans 6:23 it tells us that the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

If you have not already done so, I hope that you will receive God’s gift this Christmas season. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16. (KJV)

Comments

1. I have such a Special peace in my heart
    when I help those in need.

2. I just finished reading The Walnut Creek Wish. I found it very good. I’ve read about a dozen of your novels and have a cookbook but this was one of the best. I also would like to see another in the series about the quilting classes. Small classes like that are unique in the way the students and teacher interact and there is much to learn from that interaction between English and Amish.

• Judy Govotsos says

This will be the 2nd Christmas my dog and I will spend the tine together since rest of family out of state abd didn’t get the shots. So due to my health issues. I got the gingerbread oreo house this year abd I will watch my 19 abd 17 year old grandsons decorate via my daughter’s cell phone. I jokingly saud ti rhem this you old you are too old probably to do this year. Quickly got a response from both no Oma never to do this is tradition. It made me feel good since I couldn’t get since all were sold, but I have a surprise I found the oreo house rhat I could pick up curbside. So many things have had to change with the covid and this makes this old grandma oh so happy. They talk about the punch recipe that has been handed down from my grandmother. So glad that we can still be family even from a distant. They even did the Samaritan shoe boxes that we used to do rogether. So I hope tgat these little things will be carried on to keep family near abd dear

3. Tammy Lowe says

I love Christmas. I want to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I truly enjoy buying gifts for people. Giving gifts let’s me celebrate the birth of Jesus. I like to decorate my house and put up multiple trees. Baking and sharing the love of Jesus. I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!

4. I have enjoyed reading Amish fiction for many years. I love their simple lifestyle and learning more about them with each book I read. I also enjoy cooking and would love to start making some Amish dishes.
    It’s definitely better to give gifts, it fills me with joy to watch someone’s face light up. However, I am thankful that I received the gift of eternal salvation through Jesus Christ many years ago. Merry Christmas Wanda!

5. Rosemary Foley says

I haven’t read The Walnut Creek Wish yet, but I cannot wait to read it … You have a way of pulling me into your story and it is always such a wonderful restful time … I do have one Amish cookbook and it reminds me of the visit I made to Pennsylvania … Love the simple life … and I am looking forward to enjoying Christmas with my family … I always take the week before Christmas off from work and a couple of days just sitting and enjoying the season … you are so right, celebrate the Christ child’s birth !! spending it with family is what it is all about .. your doorway looks so pretty and welcoming !! 🙂 Rosemary

6. I get so much more out of decorating and baking than I do from receiving any gift. I enjoy the simple things and celebrating the birth of Jesus. Thanks for all you do to share the simple life of the Amish! I truly believe they are living the way God intended.

7. Mary Currie says

Christmas is a very special time of year. A time to gather and celebrate. When my children were little we would sometimes have birthday cake for Christmas dessert to celebrate Jesus’ birthday. The most enjoyable part of Christmas for me is gifting to others.

8. I enjoy helping my mom make Candy for Christmas to share with family and friends who
    Always enjoy it and I look forward to it especially since I don’t have my grandparents anymore to spend time with. They have been gone for many years but at Christmas I always miss them
    Especially the time we spent together. I also know that Jesus is the reason for the season and we shouldn’t ever leave Christ out of Christmas e even though it seems like more people want to every year.

9. Nadine Rush says

Christmas is my favorite holiday and time of year. I agree with you…the most important gift is to receive Jesus Christ into your heart/life and what great time of year to do this is at Christmas time, the birth of our Savior the one that has forgiven all of our sins and has given us a promise of eternal life.
    Thank you for your wonderful book writings and y’all have a very Marry Christmas!
    Would love a signed copy of one your cookbook’s. I have been collecting cookbooks for years…
    Nadine Rush

10. Bev Keffer says

This is such a precious time of the year! Family and friends reconnecting and celebrating, as much as possible this year, and celebrating our Christ’s birth. I am rereading Liz Curtis Higg’s The Women of Christmas to help me think about what happened prior to Christ’s birth and how important those events were. Have a Merry Christmas and a very happy new year!

11. Janet South says

I agreed with you. It time to reflect on God and he gave his Son’s life so app people can be forgiven for their sins. It is the season of Christ birth. It is better to give than receive. My husband and I spend a quiet Christmas giving thanks for all God has blessed us with in this year. We don’t go in for decorations or shopping. We give money yo our children, grandchildren and local food bank . Merry Christmas!

12. Rachael Riley says

Currently thinking about what to give my mom and grandma for Christmas. I am thankful they both accepted the gift of Christ long ago! Have a blessed Christmas, Wanda!

13. Tarita Boone says

I plan to spend Christmas together with my my children and grandchildren. I love them all so much. Sharing His love for us every opportunity I get.

14. Kathryn J Hill says

As a Lay Worship Leader, I am blessed to share God’s Word to various churches who do not have a pastor of their own, and it is a joy to express to these congregations what a beautiful gift we have been given by God-his Son Jesus. What excites me is being with my family to share laughter, good food, love and warm hearts! I can’t wait!

15. Jackie Cockrell says

I love Christmas! It is a joyous time to celebrate the birth of Jesus and to share that joy with others. I decorated my home early this year. I decided that after all of the pandemic issues, we needed a little Christmas joy. I hope you and your family have a glorious holiday season and a fantastic 2022! I have read almost all of your books, and I’ve enjoyed each of them.

16. Stephanie Cantrell says

A few years back our family made some big changes to out Christmas. We went back to celebrating the holidays for what they were intended to be. We took the emphasis off of gift giving and buying and focused on baking and just enjoying having a moment in time together with one another. Since doing that, no one is dreading the holidays. We wonder why people sort of moan and groan as Christmas is approaching, well, maybe they are innit for all the wrong reasons and it is not a happy time. So thankful that we’ve turned our Christmas back into a very happy time.

17. Suzanne Sellner says

I agree that God’s gift of Jesus and the salvation He offers are the greatest gifts of all. Last week one of my good friends died, and while I’m sad about not seeing her again until I die, I delight that she’ll be celebrating Christmas with Jesus Himself! What a gift!

18. I am alone now, so I spend my Christmas watching movies or reading , nothing like a cup of hot chocolate, blanket and a good book. I think about the past Christmas’s and I was so blessed. When my Savior calls me home I am ready.

19. Alberta Wells says

At this time as Christmas is around the corner, I think back of when I was 15 yrs old..I went to a Catholic School and we had Christmas pageants..We were having a live Nativity that year..I was picked to be Jesus’s Blessed Mother..My words to the congregation were that “And now Jesus is Born”..It was so beautiful, that year..All through the night such beautiful Christmas music..And I have thought of that Live Nativity every year since..And I am way, way older now than 15..Have a Blessed Merry Christmas everyone…

20. Christmas, is a time to reflect on how important family is all year. It is also for me, a time to remember that my mom and dad are not longer here on earth, but are in heaven and I am sure they are watching over all of us. I have 7 sisters and 2 boys, growing up with my mom and dad, and they made Christmas special with gifts. They did not go overboard, as we were told that there are some children who do receive gifts. At our church we picked tags and then went and bought gifts for kids in which the parents just do not have the money to buy things for their children. It is very rewarding to give to others not just for Christmas, but it should be year round. We need to reflect on Jesus, and know that any type of prayer is received.

21. Pam Staples says

Thank you, the most important and most beautiful gift of all is the gift of God’s son! May God Bless you throughout the coming year! Merry Christmas! From Pam in Chino Valley, Az.

22. Mary C Waites says

I love your books !!! They bring me such joy and pleasure “stepping” into a slower pace of life. May God richly bless you this Holy season and into the New Year.

23. Julia Thoel says

I agree with your comments cc Christmas. It is just a season of JOY. I love giving gifts and visiting friends and family. This season will be different as my husband is in Hospice Care.

24. Sarah Gregory says

Jesus is the best gift anyone could ever receive. God bless you this holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year’s from southeast Missouri.

25. Christmas is such a special time of year. Most importantly, we need to focus on the real meaning of Christmas. During all the hustle and bustle, we tend to lose sight of the real reason we celebrate. God gave us the most important gift of all. Blessings to all of you this Christmas season!!

26. Angela Smith says

Hello, I’m wishing everyone a blessed and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    May God be with you all♥️

27. Diane L Tjaden says

I truly love Christmas. It is the birth of Our Lord. I love the sharing and giving of this season.
    All too often we get caught up in Christmas for the wrong reasons such as commercialism. This causes stress.
    We need to remember that Jesus is and should be the reason for Christmas.

28. Sharon Miller says

Yes, Jesus is the greatest Gift ever, and that is what I long for every one of my family and friends to receive. It will be just my husband and me again on Christmas Day, as our daughter and family live out of state and were here for Thanksgiving. We will have a special meal and watch some wholesome Christmas movies together. We will enjoy our time together and be thankful for it, as I have had many health issues the past several years for which I could/should have not survived. Life is precious and we are grateful! Have a blessed Christmas season, Everyone!

29. I love Christmas because it’s the time we stop and celebrate the birth of our Savior. But I am leaning to give gifts all year long to those I love because we don’t know how long we will have them with us. It usually isn’t a material gift, but sometimes it is. I am learning to give the gift of unconditional love, especially to those who are down trodden or felt left out. I am giving gifts of love, my time with them, serving others. These are the gifts I am giving all year. If we are to become like Christ we need to learn to give unconditionally, expecting nothing in return. We as believers have to show the love of Christ all year long, not just at Christmas. And I truly believe if we will do this we will see things change and Christ will be glorified.

30. Candice Bydf says

Christmas is a beautiful time to remember the both of our Savior Jesus Christ. I pray everyone will take the time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. Often times we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of gift giving and forget to honor Christ. May your Christmas be blessed by our Savior.

31. Candice Budd says

32. Rianna Mulders says

Every year I try to make Christmas about enjoying family time, and about reflecting on our lives, so I try to stick to the 4 gifts rule (1 thing to read, 1 thing to wear, 1 thing they need, and 1 thing they really want) I keep failing at the gifts part I keep buying my husband and daughters 2 of each … having fun in advance thinking of their faces. However we do make it our own special time to think to pray, and to have fun together.

33. Claire LaBelle says

It is with mixed feelings I approach this Christmas season as I have always believed that Jesus is the reason for the season. Although my faith is strong and I try so hard to believe that our Lord has my life laid out for me, I continue to pray and wait for solutions to two very serious issues in my life. I often think of how terrible it was for Mary and Joseph on their journey, only to find no place to lay their heads the night our Saviour was born. I find myself wanting and needing to make changes in my life but I cannot find it in my heart to turn away someone for fear there will be nowhere for him to go. Please keep me in your prayers. I would be so lost if I didn’t read your books as I learn so much about myself and others through them. I anxiously await a book signing in PA so I can travel the 8 hours to attend, should you go there. Peace and love to you and yours.

34. Tammy Clark says

This time of year I don’t get to read as often as I like. I have been busy making homemade treats. Today I will be making Amish friendship bread that I share with family and friends. Merry Christmas Ms Wanda.

35. Ariane J Crabtree says

An early Merry Christmas to you dear Wanda!! Its hard to believe that its Christmas time already but soon it will be upon us. It’s my favorite holiday. Its the time of the Savior’s birth and in this day
    and time, our world needs him more than ever. Thank you for your wonderful newsletters and
    books. I loved the Walnut Creek Wish. I look forward to reading many more.

36. Penny Anerton says

Christmas has always been my favorite season because even though it may be hectic, most people actually take time to be with family and friends. Merry Christmas.

37. Susan Usher says

Amen!! The gift of Jesus is so very precious I’ve always appreciated the way my sister brought this to life for her young children (who are now in Christian colleges) by having a Happy Birthday Jesus cake as part of Christmas dinner. We would sing and blow out candles for Him. I wish a blessed and merry Christmas to all!!

38. Karla Pollington says

Merry Christmas Wanda and also to your family! This is a special time of year when we celebrate the birth of Jesus. And also being with family and friends too! I have been reading your books for over 15 years I think. I have enjoyed every one and always look forward to the next one! Blessings to you and your family from our house to yours!

39. LINDA GOINES says

Jesus is the reason for the season. With all the hype the world puts on the holiday, most loose focus on the reason for the season. We celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior. I have always loved this season but I lost my mom to Covid last year on December 9. I was hesitant to start putting up decorations this year but I know my mom would want me to continue celebrating Christmas and remember the real reason for the season.

40. Andrea Woodard says

i love spending Christmas with my family, but since Covid has arrived, my daughter is being very strict this year, didn’t see her last year because of Covid and this year she is demanding everyone to be fully vaccinated if they want to visit and have food and drinks, otherwise, we see her Christmas Eve, with masks on at all times and nothing to eat or drink. We are going Christmas eve. My son is in Virginia, so we probably won’t see him. December isn’t only for Christmas, we have our grandson’s birthday, hubby’s birthday is today and my birthday is on the 9th.
    We put lights up outside, no Christmas tree, as there are no gifts to put underone.

41. Christmas is my favorite holiday! I know it’s a difficult time for some, but it is also a time where families are re-connected, too. For the first time in 6 years, all my kids & Grands are back in the same state. My heart is so full. I’m so grateful for what the Lord has done in my life, especially this year. My growth has been more this year than the last several years.

42. Cindy Bruyns says

I love shopping for gifts for my family and friends. But this year I also trying to focus on enjoying the season and time with family and friends. I have one grandparent left and he is in his mid to late 80’s. Definitely want to make memories while we can!

43. BARBARA L EVANS says

Just borrowed The Walnut Creek Wish from my local library and will be reading it today. I am a gift giver. I love giving surprise gifts to my family and friends throughout the year, but especially at Christmas. Giving is much better than receiving, but I do love getting gifts as well. Prayers for you and your family to have a safe and happy Christmas. Praise God for the gift of salvation though his son Jesus Christ.

44. Darcia Young says

This is the most wonderful time of the year & I love decorating for Christmas. Last year my husband and I both had COVID so I wasn’t able to do much decorating. I usually have a full size tree in every room…except the bathroom and kitchen, I have small table top ones in there 🙂
    It just makes me happy to decorate and have friends and family over to see the wonderful decorations I have been blessed with. Although some do not share in my enthusiasm of decorating like this. Someone once told me that it looked like Christmas threw up all over my house. I just replied that I love it and am thankful Christmas picked my house to get sick in LOL But even without all the decorations and beautiful things we see this time of year, its still the best time of the year because of the birth of Jesus. Without Him, where would I be? Where would you be? Praying all who read this know Him as their personal Lord and Saviour. Merry Christmas to all and Happy Birthday Jesus!

45. Susan Usher says

Amen! The gift of Jesus is so very precious!! I’ve always appreciated the way my sister brought this to life for her young children (who are now in Christian colleges) by having a Happy Birthday Jesus cake as part of dinner. We would sing and blow out candles.
    A blessed and Merry Christmas to all!!

46. Dianna Neal says

I have many fond memories of celebrating Christmas while I was growing up. I’m from a large family of 10 siblings. My oldest brother and his family lived out of state but they came home for Christmas every year. No matter what time they arrived, usually in the wee hours of the morning, everyone in the family would get up to greet them. I love reading your books about the Amish. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Keep writing!!!

47. Judith Doble says

So true. The spirit of Christmas and love for our Savior be in our lives everyday.

48. Judith Doble says

So true. The spirit of Christmas and love for our Savior be with us everyday of the year.

49. Cheryl PIGATE says

Last year I didn’t celebrate Christmas or Thanksgiving. I had lost my only child to cancer. This year 2021. I’m celebrating with my family the birth of my Savior Jesus Christ and I’m very Thankful that I have grandchildren and great grands that are a blessing.
    I’m wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!
    Thank you Wanda for your many wonderful books to read that takes me to another more simple time.

50. Amanda Sweet says

Your books are great about sharing the Gospel. I love reading them. Christmas is a wonderful time of year we get to celebrate with family we don’t always get to see throughout the rest of the year. This is a perfect opportunity our family takes to share the gospel with our family members. We do this each year so we know they at least have heard the gospel and we pray they come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. Also, we enjoy reading the “Christmas” story each year with our children on Christmas Eve night.

51. I love the books I have read all of them so far.Since we have met you and Richard,the books are more interesting. You are sweet people

52. Theresa Rinko says

I love shopping for family, friends, and coworkers and trying to make sure I pick out something special for all of them. It gives me such a joy to see smiles on their faces! I hope everyone out there reading this has a very special Christmas holiday and thank you Wanda for your books and all you do!

53. Martha Driedger says

Hi Wanda…I really enjoy all of your books. What better time than the Christmas season to sit down with a favorite Wandda Brunsetter book and enjoy the holidays.

54. Sue Brandes says

Merry Christmas. We don’t buy many gifts. We spend more on things like food.

55. Carlos Smith says

With all the focus on the holiday it is so good to step back and embrace the real reason for the season. Your bookshelf to keep your readers focused on what truly matters. Thank You.

56. Martha Ruth Rollings says

So many people are forgetting the true meaning of Christmas.I see so many beautiful homes on an app on here and very few have a Nativity scene.We need to pray more for those who are lost.
    Merry Christmas Wanda.

57. Arleen Curry says

Christmas is a happy season because our savior is born.

58. Sharing the gospel and planting the seed could be the most important gift anyone gives or receives this and any season. This is an occasion where receiving is as important as giving, receiving and using the opportunity to witness and fir someone to receive the gospel snd accept salvation. May the reason fir the season be a blessing for each of your each and every day. Thank you Wanda for using your God given talents to share the gospel and give each of us a place to visit, a mini vacation through your writings.

59. Sylvia Gorton says

Where do I begin to tell you what a blessing your books are, that you live your Faith daily, Your Love for the Father is evident in your books, as well as your love for others .I have read everything you have written so far. May God continue to bless your writing, your family, and you .I am so grateful for you,Thank You so much.

60. Dede Johnson says

I look forward to reading your books more than you can imagine. I write down some of the scriptures mentioned and put them in my bible for future reference. Your love of Jesus comes through in every book, and inspires me to learn more about our Savior. I have always been fascinated with the Amish, as has my daughter, and I feel like I know so much more about their culture because of you. May God continue to bless you with stories to share with your readers and to bring us all closer to God.

61. Julia Staffne says

When I think of Christmas time I think about Jesus and the give life. Christmas we celebrated his birth to the world then I think about his gift to us which was his life. So God gave life to Jesus but the Jesus gave his life for us. So I like to talk to my grandkids about both at Christmas I do all year but now I read the story of his birth and of his death. Of course I tell them the Christmas too. I also put religious cartoons on for them as well as the other Christmas cartoons. Sometimes the have questions as we read the stories and depending on what is going on in their life and the age effects the question. But I love being their Sunday teacher.😉

62. Nancy Johnson says

I think Christmas is my favorite time of the year even though all my children are grown in homes of their own and my husband passed away several years ago. The Pandemic changed much for all of us in so many ways, but my Lord and Savior never changes and that is why I celebrate His birth and resurrection. He is the one I can always depend on no matter the situation.
    I have collected cookbooks for many years and would love to add this one to my bookcase.
    I pray all have a joyful and peaceful Christmas!!

63. Fannie Goldsmith says

This is a special season when we commemorate the birth of our Savior. I am thankful we still have the freedom to celebrate this special season. I pray it will not be taken away from us although we have people trying to do so. I will praise Him and thank Him as long as I can. I am thankful they cannot take what is in my heart.

64. Linda Bradley says

As a Christian woman pastor, sometimes it is not an easy row to hoe. Not all denominations accept women pastors, but the United Methodist Church I serve is loving and welcoming and seeing them grow in their faith and love of God is truly amazing. Seeing my own faith grow is amazing. Thank you for your inspiration. I read all of your Amish Fiction that I can. Christmas is hectic in the church but on Christmas Eve to sing Joy to the World the Lord is come makes it all worth it.

65. Cindi Hoppes says

Merry Christmas! I enjoy giving my grandchildren
    an Advent Calendar each year; to count the days up to
    the birth of the Baby Jesus. I also use an Advent Wreath
    as a part of our Christmas celebration. My faith and
    the gift of Grace help me throughout life…
    Many thanks,
    Cindi Hoppes

66. patty fendall says

as i get older, presents become less and less important. Seeing the smiles on children’s faces,twinkling lights, snow glistening, the silence after a snow, candlelit services at church – these all are so much more important each Christmas Season.
    The most important gift ever is the one God gave when He sent his son for us!

67. Fannie Wiggins says

I accepted God’s gift many years ago and I try to do His will. I enjoy getting gifts for my family and friends each year not because I have to but because it is something I enjoy doing. I don’t expect any thing in return but appreciate it when I do. I hope everyone has a Blessed Christmas and joyous New Year. Hugs and much love to all of you.

68. Michelle Grimes says

The birth of God’s son is wonderful, but the most wonderful gift is that His son, Jesus Christ, shed His blood on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. That shed blood is the only way Jesus’ heirs will one day live with God the Father for eternity.

69. Debi Heinzl says

I love this Christmas season, spending time with my small family. I also love reading your books and journal. I also enjoy going to Berlin Ohio to visit the Amish area. We usually go at least 3 or 4 times, usually more.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas season.

70. Theresa Keeling says

I would rather give than receive. Sometimes when i receive, i feel im not worthy

71. Janie Fatet says

I love the Christmas season.. it is such a blessed time and fruitful time,. I always try to put God first in my life.

72. Perri Garber says

John 3:16 is one of my favorite verses. I am glad to have Jesus here with me. I am also trying to get my grandkids to see that too.

73. Jesus is the best gift and He is the same, yesterday, today, and always. Thank God for the gift of His Son., the Light of the World.

74. Suzanne Shannon says

Merry Christmas! This is my favorite time of year. God he been so good to me even though I’m undeserving. I’m thankful for salvation and that my family is saved. That is the best gift anyone can receive.
    We all have heartaches and burdens, but remember He will never leave us nor forsake us.

• My grandsons and I have done many things rogether over the years. But with covid some have changes. Gingerbread house this yeat oreo, punch recipe passed down from my grandmother, we did Samaritan shoe boxes together when they wereyoubger now their mom and they have started at the church that they now attend in another state. So I am glad and pray that these young men will continue to attend church since that is so special

75. Marion Ellsworth says

I love your books, Wanda, both because they are Amish and that they all contain strong messages about God’s love and provision for us.

76. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Wanda and your husband and family……I agree the BEST gift we can get and receive is Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior……. and I like you, cant believe its already almost Christmas and the end of the year….I feel this past year was hard, yet…it still seemed to go so fast….I know for Christmas I am asking for some books…from my favorite authors….ones by you and the lastest by Kate Lloyd…Christmas Amish …. and will enjoy taking a trip, as we have since we moved from So Fla to the Ga mts….back to see our sons and 2 grands …. our boys and grands are here with us now….and this is the second year in a row and so HAPPY to have them here …near and dear….Merry Christmas to you all and good luck, as I hope I am, in winning this months book, a cookbook….God Bless you all

77. James Brown says

Your books are wonderful which is why my 91-year-young mother always gets your books as gifts for Christmas from my sister and myself. She loves your books and is always happy to crack open a new story from your library of titles. She also still loves to cook for Thanksgiving and Christmas so you know who will receive your cookbook if I win.(or if I don’t win).
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

78. Rosemary Hefner says

I just love your books. Merry Christmas. The blessings of the Lord be with you and your family.
    John 3:16 was my mothers confirmation verse, so it is real special to me.

79. So enjoyed the cooking class books. I have kept them on my tablet for some of the recipes.
    It’s so easy to get involved in your books. Truly love them

80. Patti trickett says

My Christmas is spent with our family. We have a Christmas part play games and just have a wonderful time. God has blessed me and my family this year so many time. He sure is an awesome God. My prayer for this Christmas season is good health and that God keeps our nation in his loving arms. May all of you have a wonderful holiday season. I can’t wait from r your second book to come out. Merry Christmas to all and May God bless each and every one of you. ❤️❤️🙏🏼🙏🏼

81. Roberta Marie McMahan says

We have Christmas with our family plus one so it is just the 4 of us. just hang out and play games and watch a Christmas show some . So many people forget the true meaning of Christmas and it is so sad. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

82. Gail Hollingsworth says

I’ve always enjoyed giving gifts. As a child I would get items already belonging to that person and wrap it up for them. At Christmas all the family must open one gift so all can see and then another open one gift. It takes a while but we each get to see the person open what they get. So much fun than all ripping through their gifts at the same time.
    We all must remember what Christmas is really about. I donate a little extra to my church in December and label my envelope “Happy Birthday Jesus!”

83. I enjoy giving more gifts than I hope to receive.
    Marilyn

84. I enjoy giving a few gifts to family and friends.
    Joan

85. Giving gifts in much more satisfying than receiving gifts.
    Marion

86. Catina Heathman says

I love to see the faces of my friends and family when I have given them a gift. It is well worth whatever it took to give to them. God gave me so much it is only right that I give a little as well.

87. Mary Roelke says

I love giving gifts to family & friends. I do a lot of baking to give away. I not only do this at Christmas I do this year round.

88. Susan Barton says

I love your books! Christmas for me is just a quiet celebration with my husband celebrating the birth of Jesus. I love giving at Christmas.

89. Connie Porter Saunders says

It truly is better to give than receive, and I love being able to help others, but I’m also very thankful that I was given the gift of Salvation many years ago. God freely gave it to me, but I had to be willing to accept!

Wanda, I wish you, your family, and all of your readers a very Merry Christmas! Thank you for sharing your Christian love in all of the stories that you write!

90. DOROTHY M POEPPELMAN says

It is always great to give to someone else and see the joy that they show from the gift that they are receiving. It doesn’t have to be at Christmas, sometime through out the year are the best because they are least expecting it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

91. Gail Lewter says

Jesus is my Savior. Love you, Wanda

92. Stacy Myers says

I always look forward to your emails! Love your books! Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

93. Lisa Ballou says

I love the Christmas candlelight service. It is one of my favorite things about Christmas.

94. Linda Rabe says

I am happy to say I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour at the age of 14, was baptized and then baptized again at the age of 16 because I felt I needed to make a new commitment to Jesus Christ. I have been a Christian all these years and I’ve never been sorry. I am now 78 years old and still serving the Lord.

95. Sheri Gros says

In this materialistic world, we must remember the true meaning of Christmas. Just as God gave his son for our salvation, we should all thoroughly enjoy the practice of giving. Any gift given is also one received! What a sense of joy and peace in my heart when I see the smiles of recipients. We should also remember gifts do not need to be a “thing”. What greater gift is there than the gift of time. Spending an afternoon speaking with a shut in ,helping someone for no reason at all, or volunteering is truly a rewarding and heart warming experience. Here is hoping everyone can feel the joy of Christmas.

96. Betty Pritchett says

Thankful to know the Lord & more important He knows me & loves me. we are to love others. this is the true Christmas.

97. Dawn Crawford says

One of the greatest gifts that anyone can receive and I am thankful for that each day. Can you imagine being a parent and sending your own son to die for our sins? It is one of those things that I find hard but know that God love us that much to sacrifice his own son for us and have his birth be on Christmas Eve.

98. “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15

99. I so love your writings, and most especially the fact that you take joy in sharing the Good News of the gospel of Jesus, who took on the lowly status of man in order to make us co-inheritors with Him in his eternal kingdom! How glorious is His Word, his promise, his great gift to us!

100. Barbara Seay says

Without Jesus we are nothing. I look forward to Christmas this year. This might be the the last Christmas we celebrate on earth. Things sure look like the Lord coming back is getting closer. May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

• Peggy Knecht says

It is definitely better to give gifts. One thing that I really enjoy, is knitting anything for people in need. I knit hats, and scarves for the homeless. Prayer shawls for people in the hospital, baptism shawls, shawls for college students, etc… For me, the things that I knit are a tangible symbol of God’s love. Many years ago, I received the best gift that I could have ever received. I received Jesus as Lord and Savior.

101. Cinda Farris says

With things happening today, we need that peace and faith. I’m looking forward to baking and sharing with neighbors and friends. I’ve already made a couple recipes from your baking cookbook.

102. Stephanie H. says

I accepted the Lord as my Savior a long time ago and I think that’s the best gift anyone can give themselves. I will be spending time with my family this year and counting our blessings that we have each other when others we know do not.

103. Jeanne McCarthy says

Holiday wishes to you, Wanda. I always enjoy this time and year and love to read about Christmas. This year I am re-reading some of my Amish novels that center on the holiday theme. Thenk you for yours1 Keep on writing these great stories & sharing with us.

104. Carolyn Parsons says

Wanda, You have a God given gift of writing. Your books are wonderful! Keep it up!! Wishing you and your family Christmas Blessings!! This is my favorite time of year!!

105. Deborah Benzi says

Many years ago, I received God’s gift of his Son. It was the best thing I ever did. Thank you for the inspiration and beautiful stories.

106. I used to prefer getting, but now, I’m excited when I can find the perfect gift for someone else. I love to see their reaction.

107. Hi wanda
    I am such a fan and you were one of my first authors I read when I first started reading Amish fiction!
    Christmas is such a precious time to worship our Lord and Saviour Jesus and to spend special times with family.I love giving gifts to others, We always give many gifts to the Angel Tree for underprivileged children, I love choosing special items for them from baby to teens!
    Pray you and your family have a very Blessed Christmas Season 🎄🙏

108. Peggy Knecht says

109. Shelley Beachy says

Other than receiving God’s love and salvation, I find so much more pleasure in giving gifts than receiving them. Making someone’s day brighter, whether it is with a physical gift or with the gift of my time, energy, or kindness, is such a great thing. I find happiness in giving. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season celebrating the birth of our Lord and Saviour!