Come Meet Wanda
There are no upcoming events.
New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Wanda E. Brunstetter is one of the founders of the Amish fiction genre. She has written more than 100 books translated in four languages. With over 12 million copies sold, Wanda’s stories consistently earn spots on the nation’s most prestigious bestseller lists and have received numerous awards.
Wanda’s ancestors were part of the Anabaptist faith, and her novels are based on personal research intended to accurately portray the Amish way of life. Her books are well-read and trusted by many Amish, who credit her for giving readers a deeper understanding of the people and their customs.
When Wanda visits her Amish friends, she finds herself drawn to their peaceful lifestyle, sincerity, and close family ties. Wanda enjoys photography, ventriloquism, gardening, bird-watching, beachcombing, and spending time with her family. She and her husband, Richard, have been blessed with two grown children, six grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.
Wanda Reaches 12 Million Copies Sold
With over 100 books published and more than 12 million copies sold, this New York Times Best Selling author continues to reach more readers with her authenticity and heart for Amish fiction.
Voted #2 Reader’s Pick
For the second year in a row, Wanda was voted #2 favorite Christian Romance Author in the 2021 Family Fiction poll.
Voted #2 Reader’s Pick
Wanda was recently Voted #2 Reader’s pick in the 2020 Family Fiction Christian Romance Authors poll.
For the second year in a row: Wanda Voted Essential Christian Romance Author
Family Fiction magazine readers recently selected Wanda as their #3 favorite Christian romance author. View the complete list of the top 40 Christian romance authors here.
In addition to her latest books, Wanda is also able to discuss the following topics:
- Amish traditions, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Her journey to becoming a writer and ultimately a NY Times bestselling author
- The experience of co-writing with her family members (daughter-in-law, Jean, and granddaughter, Richelle)
- Her busy travel schedule (research trips, book signings, etc.)
- What first sparked her fascination with the Amish
- Tips for simple living that she’s learned from studying the Amish
- The various Amish communities that exist throughout the US and how they differ